Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nitty's Advise

Nitty-Gritty suggested that until I posted more comic that I should, at the very least, speak about what is going on in my world. Let me assure you that it is not writer’s block…I have plenty of ideas. I honestly don’t know what it is. I am too lazy to get up off my butt to find and post old comics with different characters. Hey, maybe that is a sign that I shouldn’t be doing this for a living. Oh, no….I rebuke that spirit.

I think it might be the fact that my mind is else where. I want to do so much that I have decided to stop doing anything at all. I have even stopped the illustration of my little Children’s book, and that was going really good too.

On a more positive note, I donated a peace of art work to the Black Police Association (even though I am not a member). I found out last week that someone paid four hundred dollars for the bad boy. Pretty cool, huh. Maybe I need to start making limited prints of my work and putting them up for sale (because I don’t believe in selling my work).

4 comments:

WhozHe said...

That's alot of money, it says alot about your work. Congrats!

That Dude Right There said...

$400? That's a whole lotta dough. Congrats on that sale. Maybe next time you can sell it yourself.

My-Conscience said...

Yes... rebuke that spirit!! I know where you are and how you feel, but sometimes we have to get things off of our chest and out of our minds to make room for our passions. Curious... why don't you believe in selling your work...who told you that your work may be the beginning of your abundance!!-Nitty..

PS: Glad to see you took my advice..

D-Place said...

I'm the same way. I don't sell my artwork either. Actually I did sell one painting that I did to the Black Student Union at my college when I was there. The next year there was a new director and I took it back. hee hee