Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Medicated


Okay, I went to the doctor today. He told me that I have some type of inflammation of something or other, underneath my sternum. I don't remember what he called it, but it was something medical. Anyway, he loaded me up with all kinds of medication, which I hate. I hate taking medication! I will say that it is a load off my chest, no pun intended, that I didn't have to be hospitalized, because that is what I was visioning. I am going on bed rest, while I give the medicine a chance to work it's magic. I told the doctor that I was gonna wait a week to see him to see if the pain would go away on its own. Yeah, he didn't think that was such a good idea either. I know it was foolish of me. Pain is the body's way of saying, "I'm hurting, fool. Do something about it!"
Nitty and Fuzzy, thank you very much for showing concern. Maybe during the week I am laying around at home I will find my motivation to create. Take care.

9 comments:

fuzzy said...

Good for you! I was hoping i wasn't gonna have to take my belt off and beat you on the way to the Dr's!!! lol

Glad to see you are on your way to recovery... Get well so you may be more creative...

Unknown said...

Thank you fuzzy. You sound like my deceased Grandmother and I can appreciate that. Much love from Dallas. I must say that the medication too immediate effect. The pain has alread began to subside. Damn, Doctors and their know it all cures. LOL

WhozHe said...

Hope you feel better.

Mz.Bria2U said...

Twin...i'm sorry to hear that. how did you get an inflammation under your sternum?? what were the symptoms, besides obvious pain.

Take care of yourself..we need to laugh around here ;)

Mz.Bria2U said...

nevermind, I didn't read the post under this one :(

Ann(ie) said...

OH see, you're just like my husband. He won't even take an asprin for a headache. Drives me nuts! I'm am not a power through the pain kind of girl, I usually ask for a double dose of pain reliever so it goes away faster.

So sorry you've had a rough go of it, my friend. Thinking of you!!

D-Place said...

Glad you're doing better!

D-Place said...

Yes it's my work and it's acrylic. Thanks for the compliment.

My-Conscience said...

Well it's about time... I am glad that you went to the doctor.. I should be talking because when I am hurting my husband had to beg me to go and I am so hard headed...but I normally go if somehting is wrong...Well rest up and clear your mind... and maybe sooner or later motivation will be knocking at your door....