Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Intermission (Cop Out) Again


Here are my main characters from my comic strip, Cop Out. When I originally came up with the concept of Cop Out, it was for our company newsletter, but I want rehash that. I enjoyed doing it so much that I improved the characters and decided that I would try to get it syndicated. Of course, like everything else I have done, it was rejected. I think my three rookies here, are cute. But what the hell do I know.
I went to a blog today titled, The People in My Head. I have so many people and characters in my head it is scary. I have Cop Out, @Home, Mom and Pop Inc, Totally SMU, Go Fish, Hero (who is the main character of the children's book I wrote and am currently trying to illustrate), Sibling Rivalry and Dillard. All of them are drawn different and the personalities of each character is unique to them. The only thing that all of the comics have in common, besides being created and drawn by me is that they have all be Friggin' rejected.
Okay, here is my dilemma. I had more comments on the comics that featured Quincy and Trina than any of the ones that I posted with the Family Jacobs. Now I don't know if I should post more of Quincy and Trina or Post some of my other comic and see what you think of them. Hummmm. @home is still on hold, until I find the time to upgrade those bad boys.
Thank you all for your readership. You uplift my spirit and that is from my heart. Thank you very much for reading. And thank you even more for voicing you comments. Even if you think something I do sucks, I would really like to hear it. I know they all can't be golden. (You can blame Opinionated Diva for the long winded posting. She's the one that said I had to write something with every posting,)

8 comments:

Cécile said...

sympa le blog !

Joe Chiappetta said...

Hey, I think it's great that you gave some "liner notes" to show people where you are leaning towards. I think your character pool (cops and parents) are excellent. Who can't relate to either of those groups. We've all had some sort of parental figures in our life, and cops are all over television and movies... let alone real life.

Grill said...

Thanks a lot for your comment! I'm sorry, my blog is in Catalan (the language that we speak in Barcelona). But don't worry about it, the most important are the images (the text is just Bullshit, ja ja ja!).

Funny comics! I will visit your blog again!

ghost said...

you cant get down about the rejections man. im a novelist and i have three published but im trying to go big time with them. i get rejection slips constantly. they dont bog me though, i just think of them as fuel for the furnace. keep it up.

Ann(ie) said...

NOTHING you do sucks!!! You have talent I wish I had!

fuzzy said...

HaHa I don't think that was such a bad suggestion writing something with every post. Gives the readers a view into your imagination and personality at the same time. I will continue to give my honest feedback on your comics.

Maybe because the comics seem to have a more adult theme is why you have a hard time publishing them. Aren't most of the comic readers of a younger audience?

Unknown said...

Fuzzy, my friend...My very first comic was called the Family Tree and it was about twin babies. Then I brought on Quincy, also a kid. Then I did the one call Dillard, which was first called "It's My Life" and it was about my life growning up. I started it at 18 and it was steered towards teenagers and college folk.....The reality is that more adults read comics than anyone else, but I have tried to find a fan base in every area. Don't make me cry, man. I just can't find my niche. Well, that's not true....Blogging may be my niche. It won't pay the bills, but money's not everything.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!