Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Little Know Facts


Sometimes I am such a cynic. I honestly think some of the facts and stats that come from the people in the know are made up. People do research and write papers to fit their needs—sometimes anyway. I am constantly amazed how some things go from being bad for you one day to curing cancer the next. Honestly, you never know what to believe. Will taking an aspirin a day decrease your chances of having a heart attack or will it make you more susceptible to strokes? Are dark skin black people more violent than light skinned black people? Are their truly more black men in jail than white me and if so, how come you rarely see a brother in that show “Prison Break”? If you pull out, prior to ejaculation, will your cat really get pregnant? I don’t know what to believe anymore? So, I chose not to believe anything.

It just seems that if you have the word power and clout to get it put in print, you can spin anything into your favor. I take most of the so called facts I read with a grain of salt because you never know what is going on in the minds of the person pushing you their research. Is it for the greater good or is it just to sale books, make a name for themselves and keep the grant money rolling in? Of is it just plain and simple propaganda, use to promote racism, sexism and homophobia or hetrophobia (I think that exists too). What to believe. What to believe.

Case in point; did you know that nine out of ten readers of the @home blog tend to have a better, more satisfying, day? Six out of ten have better sex life (of course that number is increased, exponentially when the reader leaves a comment on the post). Hummmm….I might leave a comment my damn self.

3 comments:

SpecialK261 said...

lmao at the ending comic strip..that was funny..caught me off-gaurd..I really do get what you are saying though..lol...it could defintely be true..I'm sure there are some cases where something like that has bene exposed....thanks for the enlightenment...

Ann(ie) said...

A better sex life??? Hello! I'm in. Can I leave several comments???? Does that up my chances??

My-Conscience said...

I tell you that why we have to let God guide us and have faith...he has all the answers, Not Man.