Thursday, August 30, 2007

And Puppy Dog Tails

Kerri is just full of surprises. So much so that sometimes she even throws her older sister for a loop. When she comes over to the house with a card board box full of puppies all Morgan can do is give her a look of total disdain. Solomon however is just dumb founded. There is a bit of foreshadowing in this comic as well. Notice that there are three puppies in the box and Morgan is pregnant with Triplets. Believe it or not I just realized that myself as I was adding this post. That's the funny thing about doing a cartoon. Some things truly just happen by accident, at least for me.

Now, a look at the art and characters. First of all you can see that I did not clean this comic before posting it, therefore you can see every line and mistake in the comics development. Also, I think the black over blue lines is kind of cool in general. The other thing I want you to notice with these post natal tells is the quality of the characters. You might notice that everything is more defined. The thing is that even though these are picture of the family prior to the birth of the triplets, I actually drew them after I drew the comic with the triplets already born. In my attempt to get my comic syndicated I was really struggling to be unique and offer the syndicates something different....A twist that would set my comic apart from all of the ones already out there. Of course you would think a strip featuring multi-births would be different enough. I haven't ever seen any, have you?

No comments: