Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Too Young for Drag

This is the joke that started the whole triplet's concept rolling. Years ago, I means seriously, way back when I was twenty five, I came up this little one panel joke about a man who's wife dressed their new born triplets alike. No problem, right? Except for the fact that one of the triplets was a boy and she had dressed them all up in ruffled dresses. I thought the idea was cute and began to wonder about what other concepts I could come up with using the same subject matter. "Triplets" was soon born, the original title of this comic. It's funny though. Although I have always wanted to be a cartoonist, I initially did not think I could do the one panel cartoon shtick. I was use to drawing the more traditional four panel strips because it allowed you the opportunity to build up to the punch line; where as with the panel strip you have to get your whole message across in one shot. I didn't think I had it in me, but once I started doing it I found that I not only enjoyed the challenge but was also able to step up and meet the challenge head on. Well, in my mind I thought I was, but the syndicates don't seem to feel the same, because I am still unsyndicated. It makes me sad, because this is all I have ever really wanted to do with my life.

No comments: