Thursday, September 6, 2007

Under the Covers


I have never slept in the bed with a expecting woman, but I can imagine that it could sometimes be a bit of a hassle. Imagine sleeping in the bed with someone with another life force growing inside them. That is how I come up with the concepts for my comics, by trying to put myself in the mind of the people I am portraying. Some people think it is easy to come up with comical ideas and sometimes it is, especially when you are drawing inspiration from things that you deal with on a daily basic. As a matter of fact, any good cartoonist will tell you that if you are going to creative a comic make sure you make it about something you know about.


However, image trying to come up with ideas about a subject matter that you have no personal experience with what so ever. I have never been married, have never slept in the bed with a pregnant woman, nor experienced the joy of raising a child, let alone three.


I said all of that to say this...Can a brother get some props for being able to come up with all of this great ideas about something I have no first hand knowledge about? DAMN!

No comments: